This smoothie is filled with electrolytes and other nutrients that help your body recover after a challenging workout. Or when you need a pick-me-up because you haven’t been taking care of yourself. It’s like a sports drink without all the artificial ingredients. Plus, it’s chocolate that’s healthy. Do you really need another reason?
- 2 cups Chopped Frozen Organic Bananas
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Cacao Nibs
- 3 dates, Soaked Overnight
- 2 cups Fresh Greens like Romaine, Spinach, or Kale
- 1 cup Amy & Brian’s Coconut Water
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 4 Hyland’s Bioplasma Cell Salts Tablets
- The night before you plan to make your smoothie, cut the banana in 1/2 inch slices and store it in the freezer.
- Put the coconut water and the dates in the top half of the blender and store them in the fridge to soak until the next morning.
- When you start to make your smoothie, pull your ingredients out of the fridge and freezer.
- Blend the dates, greens, coconut water, and cacao nibs until it’s all even and smooth.
- Then add the cell salts, filtered water, and bananas.
- Blend until everything is smooth and creamy again.
Based on recipe found at http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Cacao-Banana-Recovery-Smoothie-607834?columns=4&position=20%2F50