This Paleo Almond Butter Chocolate Fudge is refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and absolutely delicious!
For the Bottom Chocolate Layer:
- 1 and ¾ cups Enjoy Life® Mega Chunks chocolate
- ½ cup Justin’s® creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp C&J Farms® raw local honey
- ¼ cup Nutiva® organic virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp Flavorganics® pure vanilla extract
For the Top Almond Butter Layer
- 1 and ½ cups Justin’s® creamy almond butter
- ½ cup Nutiva® organic virgin oil, melted and cooled (not hot)
- 5 Tbsp C&J Farms® raw local honey
- 2 tsp Flavorganics® pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Bob’s Red Mill® fine grain sea salt
- Make the chocolate layer first. Melt the chocolate chunks, coconut oil, and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring.
- Once creamy, stir in the honey and vanilla, then remove from heat.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spread the melted chocolate mixture over the bottom of the pan, using all of it. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the top layer.
- To make the almond butter layer, use an electric hand mixer to cream together all the top layer ingredients in a large bowl. You should also be able to whisk the mixture together by hand if you don’t have a hand mixer.
- Layer the almond butter mixture on top of the chilled chocolate layer (doesn’t have to be totally solid.) You’ll likely have extra almond butter mixture which you can put in mini muffin liners and chill for an extra treat!
- Cover the fudge and chill in the refrigerator* for 2 hours until firm, or in the freezer for about 1 hour. I recommend storing the fudge in the refrigerator for the perfect creamy texture, however, you can freeze it as well if you prefer a very firm texture.
*You can add any additional toppings prior to chilling such as chopped nuts, a melted chocolate drizzle (pictured) or mini chocolate chips.