With this blueberry galette, you can sub another fruit if you like. It works well with peaches, apricots, blueberries, nectarines, apples, and so much more. The filling opportunities are endless!
- 2 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill® almond flour or cashew flour*
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill® arrowroot flour
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill® coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Redmons’s Real Salt® sea salt
- 1/4 cup pure Spring Tree® maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons Organic Valley® cold grass-fed butter
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Spring Tree® maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill® coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons Bob’s Red Mill® arrowroot flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk
*may be substituted for finely ground and blanched almond flour
- In a food processor, combine the almond or cashew flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, and sea salt and process for 15 seconds until combined.
- Add the maple syrup and process for 15 seconds until combined and crumbly.
- Add the cold butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse the food processor a couple of times in-between, until the butter is pea sized and the dough starts to come together.
- Using your hands, pack the dough into a tight ball and flatten it into a disc. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours.
- Once the dough is done chilling, preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Place the dough in between two large pieces of parchment paper on a flat surface. Roll the dough out into a 12-inch diameter circle that’s approximately 1/2 inch thick. Move the dough and parchment onto a baking sheet.
- Place all of the filling ingredients in a bowl and gently stir until combined.
- Scoop the filling into the center of the rolled out pastry. Fold up the sides of the pastry so that there is approximately 2 inches of pastry over top the outside edge of the filling. Pinch together any gaps or cracks.
- Whisk together the egg yolk and coconut milk. With a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg wash onto the top of the pastry. Place the galette into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.