With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought I would share this delicious recipe for almond butter crunch bars. This is a healthier version of the no-bake peanut butter bars you may remember from childhood. You can leave out the candied pecans if you prefer. This would be a great dessert to share with your loved ones.
No-Bake Almond Butter Crunch Bars
For the Candied Pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped Woodstock® organic pecans
- 3 tablespoons Spring Tree® maple syrup
- pinch of fine RealSalt® sea salt
For the Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons Nutiva® coconut oil
- 1 cup Enjoy Life® semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Almond butter Filling
- 1 cup unsweetened Justin’s® almond butter
- 2⁄3 cup pure Spring Tree® maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Bob’s Red Mill® arrowroot starch
- 6 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill® coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons melted raw cocoa butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Flavorganics® vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine RealSalt® sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the chopped pecans, maple syrup, and sea salt and pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Very lightly grease a 8×11 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper. Leave flaps that hang over the sides of the pan to release the bars easily.
- Combine the chocolate and coconut oil in a glass bowl set over a saucepan with 2 inches of water in it, creating a double-boiler. Gently stir until melted and fully combined. Set aside.
- Mix the Almond Butter Filling ingredients together in a bowl. Add the candied pecans then press the mixture into the prepared pan. Cover the almond butter layer with the melted chocolate and use a spatula to smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until set. Cut the bars into squares and serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator covered for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Tips: You can substitute your favorite nut butter or sunflower butter in place of the almond butter.
Come in and shop with us at All Is Well for your recipe ingredients.
You can find the original recipe at: http://againstallgrain.com/2016/04/25/no-bake-sunbutter-crunch-bars/