We all know how important it is to remove your makeup at night, no matter how great the ingredients in your makeup are. It’s not that easy to find a makeup remover that doesn’t contain toxins though, so I am sharing a recipe to make your own that contains witch hazel, jojoba, and olive oil.
Witch hazel is very gentle to the skin. It acts as a strong antioxidant and prevents cellular damage; it also works as an astringent and kills bacteria that lives within the pores of the skin.
Jojoba oil is a great oil to use on your face and is great for your skin. Not only can it remove your makeup, it’s hypoallergenic and removes any bacteria from your face as you use it. This powerful little oil stimulates collagen synthesis, which will naturally slow down the aging process.
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and helps keep your skin feeling supple while calming irritation. It eliminates dryness and is really beneficial in removing mascara, dissolving it so that it easily slides right off your eyelashes without irritation. It is a perfect choice as part of your daily beauty routine in this makeup remover.
Homemade Makeup Remover
- 4 tablespoons witch hazel (try to find alcohol free with hazel)
- 2 tablespoons of pure jojoba oil
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons purified water
- Use a small glass bottle or jar.
- Put the witch hazel into the container.
- Add the jojoba and olive oil.
- Add the water to the container, place the lid on it, and shake it to blend it well.
- To use, shake the container each time prior to application. Then, using a cotton ball or pad, wipe the face gently using the makeup remover until all makeup has been removed. Avoid getting it in your eyes.
We have all the ingredients you need to make your own makeup remover here at All Is Well.