With the cold comes more aches and pains for those with arthritis. This homemade non-toxic arthritis rub is perfect for pain relief and inflammation.
Frankincense oil transmits messages to the limbic system of the brain, which is known to influence the nervous system. It can improve circulation and lower symptoms of joint pain or muscle pain related to conditions like arthritis, digestive disorders, and even asthma.
Ginger essential oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. The anti- inflammatory component in ginger essential oil provides pain relief and treats muscle aches, arthritis, migraines and also works as a headache remedy.
Myrrh essential oil contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Recipe is as follows. Ingredients can be found here at All Is Well.
Homemade Arthritis Rub
- 20–30 drops Aura Cacia® or Aetos Frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops Aura Cacia® Ginger essential oil
- 20–30 drops Aura Cacia® Myrrh essential oil
- 4 ounces Nutiva® organic virgin coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar with lid until well blended. (Use a jar you would like to store the mixture in.)
- Massage the ointment in the areas where you feel pain. Use twice daily.