Pamper yourself with a homemade turmeric face mask this weekend for glowing, radiant skin. You only need 3 simple ingredients, all of which you can find here at All Is Well. Why a turmeric face mask you might ask. Turmeric contains curcumin which inhibits the breakdown of collagen, helps even the skin tone, supports wound healing, and soothes skin irritations. This mask also contains raw honey. Honey breaks down dead skin cells so that they rinse away easily, moisturizes, contains a mild alpha-hydroxy acid that brightens skin and evens out tone, neutralizes free radicals, and helps to balance the skin microbiome.
Turmeric Face Mask
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® turmeric
- 1 teaspoon raw local honey
- 1 teaspoon of a nourishing oil, such as sweet almond or coconut oil
Optional addition: La Tourangelle® avocado oil to apply following the mask.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Put on an old shirt just in case you get some of the mask on it.
- Apply the mask to clean, moist skin using your fingertips, starting at your forehead and going all the way to the bottom of your neck. You can use a makeup brush if you prefer avoid getting the turmeric under your fingernails.
- Leave the mask on your face for about 20 minutes, then rinse away with warm water. Use dark washcloth or one that don’t mind staining.
- If your skin still has a slight tint, apply some avocado oil and wipe away the excess. This will remove any color left from the turmeric.
- Enjoy your soft, radiant skin!