While washing your hands is always the go to when your hands are dirty, there are times when you don’t have that option and need to get rid of the germs and bacteria on your hands. So what are you to do? Hand sanitizer is the best option in this situation. I personally like something that won’t dry out my skin or kill the good bacteria. After all, the good bacteria on our skin protects us from germs and bad bacteria. Here is a great alternative to traditional hand sanitizers that does just that.
You will need aloe vera gel and the following essential oils to make this recipe.
- Clove-antimicrobial and antibacterial
- Lemon– natural antiseptic, anti-infective, disinfectant, astringent, and antifungal
- Cinnamon-antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, and astringent
- Eucalyptus– anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial
- Rosemary– anti-fungal and antibacterial
First make Thieves essential oil by combining your oils in the following quantities into an empty dropper bottle.
- 40 drops Clove essential oil
- 35 drops Lemon essential oil
- 20 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- 15 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops Rosemary essential oil
Ingredients for Hand Sanitizer
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 15 drops of Thieves oil
- Mix all ingredients and store in a reusable container (You can make this in the bottle you plan to use).
- Use as needed to naturally remove germs from hands.