Looking for a refreshing, summery beverage to serve your friends and family that’s actually good for them? Here it is.
Your bubbly soda cravings will be satisfied at the same time you squeeze an extra serving of nutritious fruit into your day. If you want an extra fancy presentation, you can even sugar the rim of the glass by turning it upside down into first a plate smeared with honey, then another spread with sugar. Just think how cute that would be for a party, whether for a birthday, baby shower, or whatever. Make sure you take advantage of this recipe while watermelons are still in season, or you’ll be out of luck.
- 1 individual sized Organic Seedless Watermelon, cubed
- 1 can Blue Monkey Coconut Water
- 1/4 cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, plus another lime for wedges
- 25 ounce bottle of Perrier Lime Flavored Sparkling Water
- Blend the watermelon in a blender until smooth, or juice it in a juicer. You can use a strainer to remove the pulp if you want a thinner, smoother texture.
- In a pitcher, stir together the watermelon juice, the coconut water, and the lime juice. Chill this mixture until you are ready to serve it; the colder, the better. Make sure your bottle of sparkling water is chilled before you serve it too.
- When you’re ready to mix up your drink and serve it, pour the watermelon mixture and the sparkling water into each glass a little at a time, alternating which one you pour, until the glass is full. Decorate each glass with a lime wedge, and maybe a cute striped straw to drink it with.
- Makes 4-6 servings. Be sure to consume as soon as possible after pouring.
Inspired by recipe at: