If you were like us growing up, we weren’t particularly impressed with cauliflower. Not that it was disgusting, just a little bland and boring. If you were lucky, when your mother boiled it for dinner, she remembered you liked it a lot better with cheese melted on top. Well, rest easy, your cauliflower woes are over now. Here’s how to make it delicious.
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 4 tbsp. Minerva Dairy Butter, melted
- 1 package Simply Organic Ranch Dip Mix
- 4 slices of Applegate Bacon
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Minerva Dairy Colby Cheese, finely shredded
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Fry the four slices of bacon until they are just done, not very crispy. You don’t want them to burn later.
- Make sure you remembered to chop your cauliflower. Sorry, but the recipe only works if you remembered to chop it.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ranch dip mix, the bacon, the cheese, and the gluten free flour.
- Toss the cauliflower and the melted butter in a second large bowl until it is well coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower, plus any butter left in the first bowl, to the bowl with the seasoned GF flour mixture. Toss the cauliflower around to coat it with the flour.
- Arrange the coated cauliflower on the pan in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the rest of the flour mixture evenly over the cauliflower on the pan, making sure you don’t miss any pieces of bacon or cheese.
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes, then take it out to stir it around so it cooks evenly. Put it back in for another 10 to 15 minutes until the cauliflower inside is tender and the outside is golden brown.