Why make your own protein bars? Well, you’ll save money and you have guaranteed control over the quality of the ingredients. Plus, you have the pleasure of knowing you can brag about how tasty the protein bars you made all by yourself will be. These bars will bring back happy childhood memories because they taste like peanut butter cup candy, except they’re good for you.
- 1/2 cup Minerva’s Dairy Grass-fed Butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Tera’s Whey Bourbon Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Xyla Xylitol Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Sweetleaf Stevia Extract
- 1/2 cup Santa Cruz Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp. Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with wax paper.
- In medium bowl, mix the butter, whey protein powder, xylitol, stevia and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Use a spatula to smooth the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil, stirring until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter mixture and evenly cover the top.
- Refrigerate covered with foil for at least one hour, then cut it into bars. Store it in the fridge. If you want to take it with you on the go, keep it in a lunch box with an ice pack.