Let us introduce you to a new twist old a classic and a new favorite ingredient – lemonade with fresh ginger root. Whether you’re a cooking newbie, or a gourmet chef, you’ll appreciate this recipe. It’s low calorie, low carbohydrate, and made from real food. But it has all the flavor you want to quench your thirst. An additional tidbit of goodness about this drink is the fact that ginger is excellent for digestion and lemon is great for your detoxifying your liver. Finally, a no guilt, tasty drink that’s good for you.
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1 tsp. stevia extract
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Juice of 4 knuckles of ginger (those are the knobby finger parts of the root)
- 1 gallon pitcher
- Using a juicer, remove the juice from the lemons and ginger and pour it into the pitcher.
- Add the xylitol and stevia, then fill the pitcher about halfway with cold water.
- Stir the liquid until everything dissolves.
- Now fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with ice.
- Serve it in a pretty glass with a couple mint leaves as a garnish.