We don’t know if you’ve had anything like this parfait/cheesecake hybrid before, but we see this delightful dessert the most at family dinners and church suppers. It’s especially perfect for Spring because berries are so abundant. If you have a big yard in the South, you probably have a blueberry bush or some wild dewberry vines (similar to a blackberry) that have planted themselves in a neglected corner somewhere. If you don’t grow your own, check with us. We sell berries when we can get them, especially if they’re fresh, in season, and affordable like they are now. Whatever berry is your favorite, it will work in this recipe. You could even mix it up and use several kinds. Feel free to experiment and comment to let us know how it turned out.
- 1 box Enjoy Life Gluten Free Sugar Cookies, crumbled
- ¼ cup Minerva’s Dairy Grass-fed Amish Butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz. pack) Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Powdered Sugar
- 2 (10 oz. tubs) TruWhip Natural Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1 lb. Organic Berries, such as blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries
- 1 cup Now Foods Raw Pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Crush the cookies and reserve about ½ cup of the crumbs for the topping.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter. Use you hands to smush the mixture in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Yes, smush is a real word. Don’t interrupt.
- Bake this crust for 5 minutes and then let it cool completely before you do anything else.
- Put the berries in a blender and roughly blend them so that there are still quite a lot of chunky pieces left.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 container of the thawed whipped topping until it is mixed well. Spread this mixture over the cooled crust.
- Spread the berries over the cream cheese layer carefully. You don’t want to disturb the cream cheese layer. It might be resting.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the berries.
- Now top it all off with the second container of whipped topping and sprinkle that with the last of the crushed cookies.
- Refrigerate all the deliciousness for at least 2 hours before serving so it can firm up enough to slice.
- Serve it with pineapple slices on pretty little china plates for a dinner party.