What do all these seemingly unrelated foods have in common? They’re ingredients for chicken salad, of course.
This fresh, flavorful dish would make a great start for yummy sandwiches, salads, or wraps as the weather get warmer. Plus, it includes a healthy mix of fruits and vegetables, proteins, and fats that will nourish your body as well as satisfy your taste buds. Put this salad between a couple slices of Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free 7 Grain Bread, then add a handful of fruit salad or a side salad for a healthy, balanced lunch.
- 1 lb. Blackwing Organic Chicken Breast, boiled and shredded
- 3 Eggland’s Best Organic Eggs, hard boiled
- 1 red apple, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Woodstock Dill Pickles, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup grapes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup Now Foods Raw Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Vegenaise
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Sea Salt
- You can either use left over chicken from last night’s dinner and boiled eggs from Easter, or you can boil the chicken for 20 minutes and the eggs for about 8 minutes in a pot of chicken broth or water.
- If you cook everything fresh, you’ll have to drain the pot, let everything cool, and then peel and chop the egg and shred the chicken with a fork.
- If you haven’t chopped your fruits and veggies and other ingredients, now is the time to do it.
- When all your ingredients are prepared, combine everything in a large mixing bowl. For the best flavor you can refrigerate the salad covered for an hour.