Gather your ingredients and get ready to brew up some sweet magic. We are giving away one of these adorable cupcakes that we made to each customer today until we run out. This fun Halloween indulgence is inspired by a You Tube video made by Rosanna Pansino, but adapted to be gluten free and easy enough for those of us who are far less talented.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup of organic grass-fed butter
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Homemade cream cheese icing, or any store brand
- Pastry bag with icing tip
- 1 cup almond slices
- Sunspire Sundrops, especially the yellow and orange ones
- Candy eyeballs or brown Sundrops
- Cute patterned cupcake liner papers
- Put the liners in the cupcake pan and preheat the oven. Prepare the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix and bake it according to the directions on the back of the package.
- After the cupcakes have cooled to room temperature, remove them from the pan and place them on a platter to decorate them. Now you need to fill the pastry bag with icing and attach the icing tip.
- Draw a line of icing along the edges of the cupcake you are working on, then fill in the middle part by drawing squiggly lines, moving the tip up and down and from one side to another slowly until the cupcake is covered in icing.
- Place two almond slices at the top like the crests on an owl’s head, then three on each side at an angle to look like wings. Put the candy eyes and an orange or yellow Sundrop as a beak on the cupcake.
- Repeat this process until all the cupcakes are decorated.
Please remember to share these cupcakes with a friend. You will be sick if you eat all of them. And be sure to share pictures of your creations with us or let us know how your cupcakes turned out in the comments section. Happy Halloween!