October is finally here! That means it’s pumpkin season, folks. Oh, the versatility of pumpkin. They’re amazing whether you dress them up savory or sweet, and they are just so adorable it’s almost a shame you want to eat them so bad. The thing is, pumpkins are very good for you, so you have to eat them; you really do. Pumpkins are favorites of nutritionists and weight loss gurus because they are low calorie and full of fiber, antioxidants, minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus, and vitamins A, C, and E. If you want a little more pumpkin in your life this fall, keep an eye out for the recipes we’re posting this month. Here’s one we hope you love as much as we do.
Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 16 oz. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 c chopped yellow onion
- 3 c beef bone broth or beef broth
- 8 oz. canned sweet potatoes (or fresh peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- 1/2 c finely chopped kale (stems removed)
- 2 c canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic (crushed or powder)
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 c heavy cream, full fat organic milk, or coconut milk
- Optional : 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice blend
Brown the ground beef and onions in the coconut oil, then add the rest of the ingredients and cook for around 30 minutes. Serve with a green salad.