For this recipe, we’ll be using Paleo Mom’s Molten Lava Chocolate Cake and turning it into cupcakes. Here’s what you’ll need.
- 2 1/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c natural cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 c coconut oil
- Muffin pan
- Paper liners
- While you’re putting the paper liners into the muffin pan, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, heat the coconut oil and 1 3/4 c of the chocolate chips together 30 seconds at a time, stir, then keep doing this until the chocolate chips are melted.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla, salt, and sugar with a mixer for around five minutes until it looks foamy.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate mixture into the mixing bowl, then sprinkle in the cocoa powder and coconut flour, gently folding it all in as you go.
- When it is all smoothly stirred together, pour the batter into the paper liners, filling them to around 1/2 inch from the top.
- Pop them all into the oven for 15 minutes. Poke them with a toothpick to see if the middle has firmed up. If not, put them back in to bake, checking every two minutes or so until it feels firm. While the cakes are still hot, carefully place the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the cakes so that they melt. Serve them as soon as you can remove them from the muffin pan and bite into them without burning yourself.
Based on a recipe from: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/01/recipe-molten-lava-chocolate-cake.html